Specialised Cover For Unoccupied Homes

Finding an insurance policy that provides adequate cover for a vacant property can be very challenging, but here at PJ Fitzgerald Insurance, we specialise in finding the right cover for your situation. Unoccupied house insurance will give you peace of mind, knowing that your property is fully protected.

As an independent insurance broker, we can explore different types of policies from many providers to give you impartial and sound advice. We have access to a wide variety of insurance packages.

We have specialised coverage for ghost estate insurance and, unoccupied property owners insurance. Both of these property categories can be very costly and time-consuming if under-insured or insured with non-specific policies.

What PJF Insurance Brokers Offer

  • Personal, Thorough & Efficient advice on all aspects of Property Insurance
  • We work with over 20 different Home insurers, offering you Choice, Cover & Premium to suit you
  • We provide Property Claims Advice when you most need it
  • We work with a Panel of Public Loss Assessors, Who work on your behalf in the event of a claim resulting in a speedy settlement


& PJF Insurance Brokers have been doing this for over a quarter of a century!

Unoccupied Property Owners Insurance Covers:

  • Fire Cover on Buildings
  • Property Owners Liability cover
  • Extra cover may be available, depending on the condition of the proposed property, Eircode of Property and general fire and theft prevention of the property

Most policies of this nature stipulate acceptable standards of maintenance and routine visits, and it is very important to discuss your individual situation with our expert team, who can work with you to find the insurance cover you need. We have been finding the right insurance policies for our customers since 1969, so you can be sure that we have the experience to find the best insurance product for you.

    Standard & Non Standard Home Insurance Enquiry

    Fill out our quote request form below and one of the PJF team will contact you with your quote. Please allow 48 hour turnaround of quotes.

    Your Personal details

    Date Of Birth

    Your Insurance details

    Policy Start Date
    Security Alarm
    Property Type
    Cover Type
    Year Built
    Roof Construction
    Is there a history of subsidence in your area?
    Is the property occupied during daytime hours?
    Is there a history of flooding in your area?
    Does the property have a basement?
    Are you a first time buyer?

    Your Address

    What is the address of the property to be insured?

    Further Details

    Is the dwelling built of brick, stone or concrete and roofed with slates, tiles or concrete?
    If no, please provide some details?
    Property Residency Type
    It is let out to a tenant on a long term basis?
    If its a short term letting, is it for Air BnB use?
    Property Type
    Is the building over 100 years old?
    Is the building partially protected?
    Is the building a protected structure?

    When was the property last roofed?

    When was the property rewired?

    When was the property re-plumbed?

    When was the property re-furbished?
    Building Type Property Use
    Is any part of the roof a flat roof?

    Type of flat roof

    Does the property have 2 smoke detectors?

    Is all risk cover required for valuables?
    If yes, please provide some details of the value per item?
    Is the property located within 200 metres of any coastline, watercourse or lake?
    Burglar Alarm
    What type of alarm is it?
    Bell OnlyMonitored Alarm
    Do you have any ongoing or have you ever had any claims or losses on any household insurance in the last 5 years?
    Please provide some details